Monday, April 22, 2013

Guest Post by Rebecca Rode!!



 how-to-have-peace-when-youre-falling-to-pieces-rebecca-rode-978-1-4621-1170-1_cover
I've seen author Rebecca Rode on our local channels. She's written a book that is fabulous for the women of today, and she has so kindly offered to stop by and talk about it! Check her out!


1- Tell us a little about How to Have Peace When You're Falling to Pieces.

You got it! It's a quirky, silly, and inspiring book for moms who feel stressed and scattered. It examines the seven areas of a mom's life and helps readers put their lives back together so they feel more in control.

2 - Where did you get the inspiration for this book?

Well, it all started when I got desperate for a little peace in my own life, so I went to the library to find a book on how to have peace for moms. But it didn't exist! There was plenty about peace in general, mostly written by men, but none specifically by a mom for other mothers. So I did a little research and interviewed a few friends, and it turned into a book. I was surprised how many of us are going through the exact same things.

3 - When is your favorite time to write?

First thing in the morning is when I get the most done. My husband would laugh at that, because I'm not a morning person. But this book had a crazy deadline, so I'd get up at 5am and write an entire chapter before the kids woke up. It was the only truly peaceful time I had all day long!

4 - Number one important lesson you hope people can take away from How to Have Peace when You're Falling to Pieces?

I want to capitalize, italicize, and underline it: Stop Being So Hard On Yourself! We mothers are famous for piling unrealistic expectations on ourselves, and then feeling guilty when we fall short. We like to control everything, make everything perfect with ribbons and bows, and appear that we're Supermoms. I think the world would be a much better place if we allowed ourselves to fail once in awhile--and our families would be much happier too. This, unfortunately, is a really hard tendency to overcome.

5 - What is your biggest writing obstacle?

Hmm. I have three of them, and they're ages 7, 5, and 2. If I could, I'd write all day long! But fortunately, I have a life and a family, and they take first priority. I think that my kids haven't retracted from my writing career all that much, though, to be honest. What would I write about if it weren't for them? They enrich and throw color into what would have otherwise been a dull and predictable life--and if I had to choose again, I wouldn't change a single thing.

Find Rebecca:

Twitter: @RebeccaRode

My Good Things Utah interview (5 Tips for Moms):

1 comment: