Monday, December 30, 2013

2013: It Was a Good Year


2013 was an amazing year for me. I finally got to see two life-long dreams of mine come true--one, I published a novel, and two, I got to hold my very own books in my hands. It was incredible. I don't think there will ever be anything like it.

BUT! There's more!


Feudlings, my debut novel (I might have mentioned it), was on the Amazon bestseller lists for over eight months (and then I stopped looking at Amazon, so I have no idea after that). It's sequel, Feudlings in Flames, made it to the #1 spot on the best seller list for children. Four of my books released last year were on bestseller lists for at least a month.

And I released five books. Holy snowballs, what a whirlwind!

Feudlings made it to Amazon's top 100 best books in 2013 for Children and Teens. I almost died when I saw that.

And just yesterday I was voted one of the top 20 Favorite Authors of 2013 on Mystic Reviews Blog (go here to see the post!)

The most incredible part of all is that none of this would have happened if I wasn't blessed with such amazingly supportive family, friends, and readers (who are now my friends, whether they like it or not). I cannot believe how lucky I am!

Mystic Reviews

Looking ahead to 2014, I have three books already accepted and are slated for release for early spring. Feudlings in Smoke, a Fate on Fire short story about Will, comes out January 14th. The Spark of a Feudling, the Fate on Fire prequel, comes out in March. And Warrior Everlasting just got accepted, so I'm not sure on the date for that. 
PLUS
I have a series I'm working on with five other authors called The Gates of Atlantis that releases in late spring. Interested? Here's our FB page :) My story is about a sixteen year old banshee and the human who loves her, while they both try to help save Atlantis. It's tons of fun.

I must say, 2014 is looking pretty awesome so far!!

See you all next year!

3 comments:

  1. Girl, looking at all you've accomplished this year, I'm just tired. My blog post today is about how I CAN'T crank things out like this. *notworthy* I'm so proud of you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Donna! That means so much to me :)
      I'm just afraid if I don't write them all as fast as I can, I'll forget them. And I don't want to forget!

      Delete
    2. Me too! I'm very proud of you, that is a ton of amazing accomplishments!

      Delete